WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
In a further effort to do our part in slowing the spread of COVID-19 and for the safety of our team members and clients, we have transitioned all appointments to concierge appointments (curbside). For all appointments we ask that you call when you arrive, we will then get you checked in & transfer your call to one of our trained Veterinary Technicians who will take history and review a treatment plan for services for your pet. We will then have an Assistant or Technician come to your car to get your pet, bring them in the hospital for their exam/treatment, follow the treatment plan you prefer, and bring your pet back to your car once services are complete. All of our staff members who greet you are your vehicle will be wearing safety gear, including but not limited to protective face masks.
We are also still offering day-admission appointments as well to where we call once your pet is ready for pickup after all services are performed.
If your pet has had a recent visit with us, and you would like to request a Medical Progress Exam via telemedicine, please let our Client Service Representative know when you are scheduling your appointment. Telemedicine appointments do need to be approved with a doctor, and will be used via an app that needs to be downloaded to your cell phone before the appointment time.
All prescription refills and food refills are also curbside now. Please continue to call ahead for prescription refills or food, so we can have it ready for you before you arrive. Call when you arrive, you can even prepay over the phone, and we can bring it to your car. (If you forget to call ahead, that is okay, there will just be a bit of a wait in your vehicle while while we prepare the prescription).
Thank you for being patient with us during this time, as this process is still new to everyone.
-Your Silverlake Animal Hospital Family
We all find ourselves in uncharted territory and uncertainty as the global pandemic of COVID-19/Coronavirus unfolds over the next weeks and months. We take your family's health and safety very seriously and want to assure you that we are taking extra safety measures at this time. We want everyone, especially those who are most at-risk among us, to have a level of comfort about continuing their pet's healthcare with us at Silverlake Animal Hospital. We want to inform you of what we are:
What are we doing?
- At this time, we are remaining open during regular business hours to continue to provide the best patient care possible.
- We have increased our cleaning frequencies of our lobby, exam rooms, reception countertops, & any common touch areas. We disinfect routinely with anti-viral cleaners safe for animals.
- We are also limiting client wait time/traffic in the lobby by putting you in an exam room as soon as possible.
What are we offering?
- As always, we offer day-admission appointments and can even come to your car to get your pet, so you never have to come inside the hospital. (With this option we call you once your pet is ready for pick-up.)
- We now offer concierge appointments - we will come to your car to get your pet, bring them in the hospital for their exam/treatment, follow the treatment plan you prefer, and bring your pet back to your car once services are complete.
- If you prefer to have an in-person appointment, call our Client Service Representatives when you arrive for your appointment and we can let you know when a room becomes available so there is no waiting in the lobby.
- Please call ahead for prescription refills or food, so we can have it ready for you. You can even call us when you arrive and we can bring it to your car.
- For your convenience, we have a mobile credit card terminal that works from our parking lot for payment. (All credit card transactions, as always, do require an authorized signature).
- For specific approved cases for existing patients, we will soon be offering telemedicine through a smart phone app.
- As of now, we are still offering all our services, including preventive care vaccines, and all surgeries and dental cleanings. (We will keep you posted if this changes, or if we run into a shortage of surgical supplies.)
What we are asking?
- We ask that if you are sick to please designate someone else to bring your pet in. If this is not possible, allow us to do a concierge appointment, where we come get your pet from the car so you do not enter the building. *If you have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or are under a quarantine order from your doctor, please call us to discuss further options for your pet.
- If you are choosing to do an in-person appointment, try to limit the number of people coming into the office to one if possible.
- Please make use of the hand sanitizers that, as always, are stationed at the reception desk.
- Please let us know what we can do to make you feel more comfortable and safe.
Also, although COVID-19 has been found in one dog in China, it has not caused disease in this dog. Currently the CDC is still recommending that people who have been confirmed to be sick with COVID-19 limit their exposure to their pets.
We are closely monitoring COVID-19 and will keep you informed of any updates in our policies. A Facebook post on our hospital page is our quickest way to update clients at this time.
Please contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or need to schedule an appointment. Phone call is best 713-436-9400, though we are also available by text at the same number.
Be safe and know we are here for you and your pets,
Dr. Terri Stone